Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

💗 I've been prescribed Benztropine mesylate to assist with

Customer Question

Hi there! 💗
I've been prescribed Benztropine mesylate to assist with the askithesia I sometimes get with taking antipsychotics. I take two 2mg tablets, as one tablet fails to do the job.
Of course, I know the psychopharmachogy inside out (which makes doctors perhaps sometimes frustrated because it undermines their sense of authority when they say silly things to me that never help me-so , I've learned to not be a meek, passive mouse any longer. Assertiveness with a psychiatrist is absolutely pivotal if one is to instigate a change and express what we need, as well as trying to keep the power balance in check. All doctors hold our lives in the palm of their hand, because they have the final say, they can give and take away, which is a very scary thought.
I know the standard anticholinergic syndrome (as I'm working towards my Degree in Nursing and Counselling) .
I'm on 2-4mgs of this Benztroping (Dexidrine)
Anticholinergic syndrome effects I can actually very easily take in stride, however, I am quite confused as to why whenever I take as a preventive, I end up extremely nauseous whenever I take the Benztropine.The nausea from it is extremely agonising, and lasts for about 2 days straight. Can you tell me why I feel so nauseous when taking this medicine?
I'm nearly 22, from Nee Zealand,
When I told my psychiatrist about the Benztropine induced nausea, he told me it was all in my head and was just a "placebo effect" which of course, is not the case. I also completely loose, and so any desire to eat, as I go though one of these stages.
I have a history of Major Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, EDNOS, Social Anxiety, Panic Disorder, PTSD and, 1 year of alcoholism to having to mask the pain because - back for on the stagewas never treated properly. I felt like crap. But it's for my own safety. And when people like
Of course, I'm 4 years sober now , I appreciate given specific answers about the dexamphetamine nausea/ near vomiting like.
I also have physical illness at the moment- I'm hoping I get it more sorted before university starts back soon. I only have some screenshots of people being nasty to me-and yet, they haven't emailed or met I have yet to have treatment for yet. I have recovered a lot from these from living in a house full of domestic violence and abuse from my father, violence., and everyone tell that the hospital said it was the worst case they had seen in 25 years was when I first saw the psychologist and psychiatrist. I got severely bullied at school. It was a nightmares
My daily relate preventing medicines, are the following;
1. Venlafaxine 300mgs (for panic attacks amd traumatic flashbacks with co-occurring depression)
2. Clonazepam up to 4 mg a day (PRN). (for PTSD and severe panic episodes)
3. Dexamfetamine 5mgs medicine have a boyfriend three times into divided throughout the day (concerntation)
(Hurt)
4.. Olanzapine 20 mgs (for severe insomnia)
I have no problems with any of these 4 very helpful (and life saving) medicines, and never have had them
However, I'm still perplexed at why I still got dumped t oh back to the bed, I was loyal and loving right to the end, and he used to say to me "You were the perfect you're if you're gonna be loved like never before-" I never felt special like that before. Because He But on Christmas film on at the same time. All because I asked about the girl he was flirting with. Abd he wouldn't answer me, He obviously hasn't dishonest, but extremely do those on through allowed this.
So, now that you know about me and me , my (very into the details of what he said would kill me grand up scene yeah? I slowly build the (team lunches). And the qurstion jobs. Waiting, not in he real man again. She's, nicely.
I will always your normal smile. I hope he doesn't send one though. Did you stay home?
"What better way to recycle your own pain for the benefit of others going through song through
She will never
Warm Regards,
Alyssa
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am not sure why your doctor stated that the nausea you receive from the Benztropine is a placebo effect since the throwing up, nausea, and feel like throwing up are common side effects that most people feel when taking this medication. As for why it occurs, that is a question that is difficult to answer but the prevailing theory is that it causes a decrease in involuntary muscle contractions that can lead to gastrointestinal distress because your digestive system (primarily your intestines and stomach) are no longer digesting food as efficiently and this will cause those digestive problems you are feeling because the food is basically just sitting there and almost not moving which aggravates your whole digestive system.

You also appear to be asking about why your recent relationship ended, but you did not provide me with a lot of details. Can you tell me how long you two were together for? And you stated he was flirting with someone, who was this and how was he flirting exactly? Also did he break up with you after you confronted him?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your very impressive and highly inspirational answer! My reply is very long detailed, and I'm glad I paid to talk with you. Can you read my reply tomorrow? It's very complex, there's a lot I have to say. I will need to talk urgently. as so much a birth blind photo.hot! I'm off some a bit of the day tomorrow but will be at home on break for most of the time that I should be heading for bed, it's nearly 8pm and it takes me out over here! Do I have to pay more for each message?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

You definitely do not pay more for each message as your payment was for this entire Q&A. You are definitely more than welcome to provide your reply tomorrow if you wish and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible after that. I look forward to reading your reply :)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good grief, I just realised all the typos and strange sentences I put in my first message to you. Due to the Beztropine and its anticholinergic effects, I have very blurry vision and auto correct put in some strange sentences into my message. I will wait until I can see properly before I properly message you again-my eyes are still so blurry I can barely see, and reading glasses only do so much. I'll reply as soon as I get my eyesight back from the Benztropine, and it will be quite a long reply. I hope you don't mind the delay, but I'm virtually blind right now (and yesterday) when I sent you that message, as you can probably tell! Do phone conversations add a charge?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately the phone calls do add a charge, but I also am not set up for phone calls at this time. No worries though, I can wait for your vision to return and then you can respond when you are ready. Hope you feel better soon :)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** message you as soon as I get my eyesight back :)
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

Take your time :)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you :)
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

You are most welcome