Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My girlfriend is a psycology student. She says that she is a

Customer Question

My girlfriend is a psycology student. She says that she is a narcissist because of how she looks at life in general. She takes these online tests that also say she is. I don't want to lose her because I've never been in love like this or felt this way for anyone. What can I do to make it easier for both of us? I'm trying to understand it as best as I can. She says she's fine and doesn't want to be a wuss by being in touch with her feelings. Help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. The fist thing is that online personality tests are highly inaccurate and have no validity to them whatsoever, so you should tell her this. It sounds like she has some automatic negative thoughts concerning herself and how she views the world, so do you think she would be willing to undergo therapy to help her see things in a more objective light?