Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I've had panic attacks few years. I take 1/2 mil of Xanax as

Customer Question

I've had panic attacks for a few years. I take 1/2 mil of Xanax as needed. My Dr just put me on Buspar. Can I take with Xanax?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having these panic attacks, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. You can definitely take Buspare and Xanax together if you wish as the only interaction between the two may cause some drowsiness and dizziness, but there is no serious interaction between these two medications...overall it is safe to take together.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.