Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I'm a 31 year old women I've been diagnosed with ocd

Customer Question

Hi I'm a 31 year old women I've been diagnosed with ocd and panic disorder also had for the last 6 weeks I've been having mind chatter its indistinct meaning i can't work out what its about it sounds like a high school cafeteria I can't make anything out of it so I don't consider it hearing voices its just annoying chatter is this normal or I am I going nuts its really stressing me because my ocd fears are centerd around my health so now I'm ocd that I'm phycotic or schizophrenic . Also this same think has been happening for the last 8 years maybe once a year but last normally for a week or two but this time my ocd won't let me get over it any idea what's going on with me
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

Hello again. Remember what we discussed previously about this issue that you definitely do not have a psychotic disorder like Schizophrenia and most likely this chatter that you hear is related to anxiety, panic, and OCD. The reason for this is because you hear it inside your head, so most likely this chatter are your own thoughts that could be racing due to the anxiety/stress. Also the last time you had this issue you took Luvox which lessened the chatter significantly, therefore proving that this was Anxiety and OCD related as true psychotic symptoms would not respond to Luvox at all. This is not a psychotic disorder at all, I can tell you that with 100 percent certainty, this is all OCD and Anxiety related which is very treatable and you will overcome this as you have in the past.