Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Is my kleptomaniac partner to be excused or blamed? He

Customer Question

Is my kleptomaniac partner to be excused or blamed? He fiercely denies taking things- mainly from me- and accuses me of 'blaming him for what he has not done and of destroying our relationship' . I have been very nice to him knowing he suffered a lot , lost practically everything he had- before meeting me- and very nearly died of cancer.Even though things are much better now he still loves playing the victim and is full of resentment and animosity. I am finding the situation stressful and it is now affecting my own health. Is there any hope? Thank you for your help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, has your partner actually been diagnosed with kleptomania by a psychologist or psychiatrist?