Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Is it safe to take 5 htp on 10mg aripiprazole
, I am

Customer Question

Customer: Hi is it safe to take 5 htp on 10mg aripiprazole
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am prescribed 10mg aripprazole for schizophrenia but not had any serious problems or breakdowns since 2011 i have mild anxiety and low mood moreso restlessness i am also probably addicted to video games i have spent 13 24 hour days on one game since October 27th, i am waiting for cbt
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mental Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long does it take to get the answer and do i need to type all this again?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Currently there is no listed interaction effect of 5-HTP and Abilify, but theoretically 5-HTP could increase the blood levels of Abilify so before you do add 5-HTP to your regimen I would recommend that you discuss this with your doctor. Most likely there will be no issues and this is safe since you are not taking a high dose of the Abilify, but I am not aware of how sensitive you are to the Abilify nor if you have any other psychiatric or medical concerns.