Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have a question. My husband sleeps on the couch every

Customer Question

I have a question for you. My husband sleeps on the couch every night. He says he loves me, but I cant understand why he would do this. He has done this in the past with all his relationships. Eventhough I tell him that I would like him to come to bed it doesnt make a difference. Please let me know what you think.
Tanya
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It would be impossible to tell you exactly why your husband likes to sleep on the couch every night without speaking to him. It could be something that he feels more secure and comfortable with the couch; or perhaps he started sleeping there for a few night and then just continued so now he is too used to the couch that it feels "right," to him. I would not worry too much though if he has done this in past relationships as well as it just appears most likely this is an unusual quirk by your husband.