Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am expierencing symptoms, of severe depression, when i was

Customer Question

I am expierencing symptoms, of severe depression, when i was a child i had adhd but now learning about mania, I have expierenced that for such a long time but i thought that was just my drive , but it has got to the point where when i have a manic episode i have irrational sporadic thoughts that will change when i get depressed, does this sound like bipolar i have currently put my self financialy in distress from this depression
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also am a CDL driver so if diagnosed this is a concerning issues
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Anytime you have episodes of Mania or Hypomania it is almost always going to be attributed to a Bipolar Disorder. May I ask, do your mood cycle from depression for a few weeks to months than to Mania for a few days to weeks, and then back to Depression? Also in between any cycle of depression and mania, do you have periods of euthymia (normal mood functioning with no depressive or manic symptoms)?