Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I had spotting in the second month of pregnancy and since

Customer Question

I had spotting in the second month of pregnancy and since then my husband always finds excuses for not having sex. I feel very horny almost all the time. I have tried telling him but he says it is not safe. I have been pleasuring myself and he is aware of that. But that doesn't bother him. I am 36 weeks pregnant now and touching myself seems unsatisfying. What do I do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having this issue with your husband, I can understand how frustrating this can be for you. Maybe it would be appropriate for you and your husband to discuss this with your doctor so that there can be a third and objective opinion about sex while pregnant which may help to convince your husband that it is safe. Other than that there is very little you can do given that it has to be your husband's choice to initiate sexual intercourse with you.