TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

I have been having problems. I can't see to know what's

Customer Question

I have been having problems . I can't see to know what's wrong I feel distant and kept from the world I just I think I like girls but there's a part that says no I just don't know I feel into this black hole of nothingness and now I don't really want to do anything I'm life and I scared of the truth and I just don't care anymore that much something's wrong bit I can't seem to figure
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 11 months ago.

Hi Rose. I hear your pain and your struggle. I am glad you have reached out here. It can be a scary time to question and wonder about your sexuality so all of those feelings are a normal part of figuring it all out. I know you have been afraid to talk to your parents, but talking about it could provide some relief so you won't feel so alone in all of this. If you find that liking girls is what feels most right for you, then that is your truth and that is okay...yes, can be scary because it feels different, but there is support out there for you so you don't have to feel alone. Do you think your parents could be supportive or do you feel like you need to hide it from them because they won't understand or accept? What about a school counselor? Feeling like you have nobody to talk to about this can make it feel even more scary. You are brave to begin to look at this all.

let me know your thoughts.