Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am very worried. My brother was diagnosed with

Customer Question

I am very worried. My brother was diagnosed with schizoeffective disorder years ago. he is not on medication, nor is he seeking medical help. He has had a delivery job, and that was his only interaction with the outside world. Mostly he stays in his bedroom on third floor, and talks to himself. He hears voices. Tonight he was watching some kind of video about guns and shooting people. I am worried that he might try to harm someone.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If you are worried that he may try to harm someone than you can call 911 and explain the situation to them regarding his mental health disorder and they will bring him to a mental health facility to be evaluated and hospitalized. The other option you have is that you can bring him to the ER yourself and he will be evaluated and hospitalized then. Either way, if someone is a danger to others the individual can be hospitalized involuntarily as a precautionary measure to protect the community.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Dr. Z. I will take this into consideration.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

You are most welcome and I truly wish your brother all the best. I hope that he gets the help that he needs very soon.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.