Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My aunt recently lost her husband, she is out of control. Dr

Customer Question

My aunt recently lost her husband, she is out of control. Dr put her on Paxil and she is no better. Sets and cries, falls down want eat. She also takes Xanax, any suggestions?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It takes time for Paxil to reach maximum effectiveness (weeks) so this will not give an immediate effect. Xanax should be given 3-4 times a day for a complete 24 hour coverage and it will help to calm her down, but she can only take what she is prescribed, so try to have her continue to take her Xanax. If this does not work than your aunt should go to the hospital immediately for possible inpatient hospitalization so that she is stabilized.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My thoughts exactly this has been going on since nov and her children want listen. This is so severe. Thx so much
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

I am very sorry that your aunt is having these difficulties, but if she is still having these symptoms since November or they are worsening than inpatient hospitalization is needed. I wish her all the best and I hope she feels better very soon

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.