Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My boyfriend is always making sure that I know that he is

Customer Question

My boyfriend is always making sure that I know that he is attractive to other women. He will mention that he dated someone in a town we are driving through or that some girl invited him on a trip and he "thought about it". What's up with this? It seems that he is trying to make me jealous but he won't talk about it. He knows that I am faithful to him.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It is possible that your boyfriend may have some insecurity issues and he likes to see you jealous because that makes him feel wanted. Also by reliving he past as well helps to make him feel more secure about his physical appearance and other issues he may be insecure about. Overall this is a tactic he may be consciously aware of or subconsciously, but the fact of the matter is that he is doing this because of a deep seeded insecurity issue and this is how he manages it, albeit temporarily because he needs to constantly say these things to reinforce his fragile self-esteem.