Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I wish to be anonymous and im just reading about similar

Customer Question

Customer: i wish to be anonymous and im just reading about similar issues i am having
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am newly married just a little over 2 weeks to be exact and my wife at this point just wants me to leave her alone and give her space
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mental Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: will it be a live chat session?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am newly married and things havent been good between me and my wife, 2 weeks before getting married and now 2 weeks after, she has told me the issues and i have tried to work on them, after getting married she now asks for space i really dont know what to do, i tried to give her more space and at the same time i feel miserable and try to text her here and there to see if she feels any better, but the more i do that it feels things get worse
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am trying everything i can to make things work, as i love my wife, after getting married i went back out of state for work and felt nothing has gotten better between us, i try to talk and text her of what i can do to make things better, her response is always the same which is we will have to see how things go when i get back. which is in 2 weeks, and in the meantime she just wants space from me. I feel that she is not trying to do anything to make it better, and i am alone on this. Everytime we talk she just brings up the things ive done in the past that bothers her, ive adjusted and changed myself for the better, and she says its too late. at the same time her response to everything is that she just wants her space and will see when i get back. Is there any hope left for our marriage?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having these issues with your wife, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. I am not sure what the issues are that your wife has with you since you did not specify them, probably for privacy. But overall while you have tried to make the effort to repair this marriage, it sounds like she needs space to decide what to do. It takes both partners working together to repair a marriage and if she is not willing to do that, than unfortunately there is not much you can do as the choice has to be hers alone. Right now she is only asking for space, so I would suggest give her space until she is ready to come back to you and discuss the future of this marriage and/or see a couples therapist to help resolve these issues. Obviously no one can see the future, but the best bet for you and your wife would be to go to couples therapy to help communicate, process the issues from the past, and move forward from them.