Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I need a medical opinion. Two months ago I was told by my

Customer Question

Customer: Hello,I need a medical opinion. Two months ago I was told by my husband Tim (separated for 2 years) that he has Stage 4 Cancer and he is gravely ill. We have three sons together. I care for him as the father of our sons and now I am scared and full of fear. I am doing my best to stay strong and I'm trying to create some form of normalcy for my sons while working full time as a manager. One month ago I was had a conversation with Tim and I was so upset that after I left I had a car accident. I have a constant dull pain in my chest from being so anxious. I have love and support from my friends and family but this situation is so difficult for me. I am a professional but there a moments of every day that I want to cry from thinking about the possibility that my sons may lose their father. My friend suggested I contact a psychiatrist to discuss possible mild medication that may help me during this time but I don't seem to have the time to make an appt. with someone nearby. That's my situation. Thank you for your time.***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What kind of details?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mental Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: of course
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation...are you asking about which type of anti-anxiety medication would work best for you?