JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping people find solutions...
68372260

Sometimes I have nostalgia so bad it makes me sick to my

Customer Question

Sometimes I have nostalgia so bad it makes me sick to my stomach. Especially when I see things that remind me when I was younger. Sometimes it gets really bad and makes it hard for me to concentrate on anything else.Is this normal?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 1 year ago.

No, but I wouldn't call it abnormal either. The nastalgia is simply a symptom of your deeper problem. You apparently have unresolved issues in the past. You have not dealt with these wholly. Your body and mind are being reminded of these by your environment. As painful as it might be you need to work through your past pain. The best way to do this at this poi tis probably to seek individual therapy. You could set up a phone Session with me if you wish just to discuss the issues or you can find a local therapist. Whatever you do you need to address your past tow point it does not interfere with your present. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it isn't pain. When I think of the fun things I did with my friends, or remember the activities I used to do... I begin to feel really bad because I can't go back to that time.Then I start feeling sick to my stomach and really upset.Sometimes it happens when I see a video game I used to play or think about computer programming that I used to do in my teens.

Ahh, I totally missed that. That brings up the question then, what is going on in life today that is positive? Are you happy with where you are ? Do you need to find new Focus? What does your future hold?