Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Z, my name is ***** *****, I have an issue with anxiety I'm

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Dr. Z, my name is ***** *****, I have an issue with anxiety I'm trying to solve.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, I'm 29, male, and work full time, over many years I've developed a serious problem with social anxiety, it's at the point now where it's impairing my functioning - at work, in my social life, etc. This leads to depression as well for obvious reasons. I'm thinking about CBT because I want to sort it out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mental Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, so I'll need to formulate a new question, right?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question regarding CBT and treatment of Social Anxiety?