Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I can't stand myself I feel sad upset all the time I have

Customer Question

I can't stand myself I feel sad upset all the time I have anxiety depression but my meds r not working sometimes I will have a good week or two when I feel fine and happy but not very often I did counseling and didn't feel any different about myself I wish sometimes I just could disappear and everyone around me would be better off with out me i feel like i cant controller my brian anymore I feel like i cant think on my own anymore. I feel like my brain is not wired right what's wrong with my brain I don't event no who I am any more
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation? What medications and doses are you currently on? How long have you been on these medications? And what medications have tried in the past?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm taking Prozac for depression and I still feel depressed
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

What is the dose of the Prozac and how long have you been taking it? Have you taken any other medications before Prozac?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
20 mg and been on it for a year
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

Your doctor can definitely increase the Prozac to a more effective dose as 20mg/day is a low dose. The maximum dose for Prozac is 80mg/day. You should discuss with your doctor that you are still feeling depressed both cognitively and emotionally and he/she will increase your dose of the Prozac.