Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I'm obsessed with thoughts about my 40 year old daughter.

Customer Question

I'm obsessed with sexual thoughts about my 40 year old daughter. She's very attractive, divorced and I get jealous of whoever is her latest boyfriend. I have constant images of her having sex with him, and I have to repress my feelings and just be the loving father. I'm in a happy marriage, but my wife no longer appeals to me sexually.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I understand the issue you are having, but if you look back at the statement you did not pose a question, so what exactly is your mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know how to remove these urges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also is there a reason why the person that was referred the question before I paid is no longer my contact?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you mean, since this question was open to all mental health experts, but you may have asked for an expert that is no longer available on this website and that is why it was an open question. It sounds like you are suffering from a sexual paraphilia given what you described, which is where you are aroused by abnormal sexual stimuli, such as your daughter. In these situations the only treatment possible would be to see a Sex Therapist and undergo months of treatment. This is not something that can be "cured" over night and there is no medication to stop these urges. What has to occur is systematic treatment in therapy that will take some time to help you gain a better understanding of these urges and how to control and stop them. Sex Therapy will uncover the underlying reasons for such urges and will help you to overcome them, but like I said this is going to be a long process that will probably take months, if not over a year, for you to resolve as there is no simple method to treating this issue. are you willing to see a Sex Therapist for treatment?