Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I was 13 or 14 when I touched my brother (4 or 5)

Customer Question

I was 13 or 14 when I touched my brother (4 or 5) inappropriately, this happened twice and I stop. He was older (9 I was 18) when he try to touched me and I stopped him immediate. I have never done something remotely like that ever again, however feel very guilty but thought he wouldn't remember. However, I recently found out that he was abused sexually by a two cousins one who is my age. My brother is working his issues but I think I need come clean with him. I'm affraid my behavior sort of made it loook ok for the other stuff to happened even though my brother says he knew it was wrong at the time. I'm 33 and have a daughter and I'm so afraid that if my husband finds out he will divorce me and take my daughter. I'm seeing a therapist but I'm also afraid of sharing this.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 12 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?