Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have had a regular problem of ejacualating minutes into

Customer Question

I have had a regular problem of ejacualating minutes into sex. I have been with my girlfriend for a while now and it's starting to take its toll as its not getting better. I've tried many techniques such as thinking of something else to slow penetration and it's not working. Any further tips you could offer me? I really want to know that I can satisfy her as well as my confidence is getting pretty low.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Premature ejaculation can be very frustrating and so far there is no specific treatment plan for this, but some methods to help with this would be to start and stop during penetrative sex, so dont just slow down as you want to stop completely for at least 10-20 seconds and then resume again. This can help prolong sexual intercourse. In addition, the use of Kegel exercises is meant to give you more control of your genitalia and to help you gain more control of your ability to ejaculate as well. Some individuals have also found success with a local topical anesthetic called Benzocaine, commonly found in most pain reliever creams, as this numbs the penis and helps to prolong sexual intercourse. The last method would be to ask your doctor for a prescription of either a SSRI antidepressant like Paxil or an Erectile Dysfunction medication like Viagra or Cialis as these medications have been known to cause delayed ejaculation.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.