Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I've been on rexulti 1mg weeks. In addition to Prozac 60

Customer Question

I've been on rexulti 1mg for 6 weeks. In addition to Prozac 60 which was prescribed years ago for OCD. 8 months ago we had a baby and went into a depression. I'm a male. Felt great on rexulti for 5 weeks. Several nights ago my mood dropped terribly. Should I go up to the target dose of 2mg
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. The use of Rexulti with the Prozac medication is meant as an augment meaning that the Rexulti improves the performance and effectiveness of the Prozac. So you can either increase the Prozac dose to a maximum of 80mg/day or you can increase the Rexulti to 2mg/day as either approach would be sensible given what you described. I would recommend talking with your doctor before increasing either medication so that he/she is informed of your current medication regimen.