Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Jr I have paranoid schizophrenia. I take Fluphenazine 2.5 mg

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** I have paranoid schizophrenia. I take Fluphenazine 2.5 mg tablets every morning and night and also take traizodone for sleeping at night 100 mg tablet. The only problem I have is that I get depressed and I try to cope with the depression since I was 16 when I was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia. My question to you is should I change medications or should I stay with the same medications?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also have nausea when I eat. So it is difficult for me to eat and I don't want a medicine that would cause weight gain.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
also I have erection problems.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, have you tried any other medication regimen? Also has your depressive symptoms improved at all with the current regimen?