Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My current boyfriend continues to communicate and

Customer Question

My current boyfriend continues to communicate and occasionally visit a former girlfriend. I don't like it and he refuses to break it off. What to do.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that you are having this issue with your boyfriend. Unfortunately there are really on two options in what you can do. Because you tried to talk to your boyfriend and have him stop this behavior with his former girlfriend, to which he refused, you either have to break off the relationship or you must learn to accept that he will maintain this friendship with his former girlfriend. If you believe that your boyfriend will be faithful to you no matter what than you can accept this friendship even though it makes you feel uncomfortable. But if you feel that he cannot be trusted or that the stress of him having this friendship with her is too much than you should consider ending the relationship and moving forward with your life.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.