Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am a 72-year-old woman (divorced and widowed) who has

Customer Question

I am a 72-year-old woman (divorced and widowed) who has suffered since I was about 14 with some very disabling characteristics of Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (which until now I thought was OCD). I have suffered a lot, and still do suffer with excessive perfectionism, orderliness, etc., resulting in extreme, debilitating anxiety. I have been unsuccessful in relationships with men, though I very much want and need a man in my life. I want so much to love and be loved. I have been in therapy for many years with many therapists and have taken almost every psychotropic in existence, to no avail. I am now becoming physically disabled due to age and bad luck or genes. I feel I have nothing to look forward to but death. Is there any hope for me? If there is, how and where do I find it?
I'm almost positive that this question is too complex for you to answer here, but I'll give it a try.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, why have you not tried to use CBT therapy top help treat this issue? And what are the names of the medications you have tried? Also has the option of Deep Brain Stimulation or Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) been offered?