Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

A few years ago I was dating a 20 year old woman AB, who

Customer Question

A few years ago I was dating a 20 year old woman AB, who smoked weed a lot. I was 50 and well off, and she came over a couple of times a week to hang out, drink rum, and smoke a lot of weed. Earlier on we had sex a few times.
One night she was over, and high, (forgive me for the explicitetness here).....
but cogent and not confused...
when she suddenly blurted out..."holy f**k...I just remembered my father started f**king me when I was five".
I responded, "that's ridiculous, you don't just 'suddenly' remember something like that. Nice try but it's not funny".
She said "no, I'm serious, it's coming back to me some gushing back, and some trickling back, but there are gaps...maybe it will all come back to me".
Are you serious?
Yes...she was kind of giggling.
How does an adult man do that with a tiny five year old?
I think we had been playing in the bathtub before that. He took me from behind and it went right in.
You were already opened up by him before?
What happened?
He f**k
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr.Z
Did you read the entire story?
My 20 year old friend (26 now) had apparently disassociated or suppressed in her memory that her father started having sex with her at age five. Over the next few days she got into very specific details, some of which i asked her about in 3 different ways and the answers were consistent.
About a week later she re-canted everything, saying she made it all up.
Do you believe her re-canting story....is re-canting common after revealing a true story of abuse, that may have been suppressed , or dis-associated?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately your whole question must have been cut off because it ends with "He f**k." So if you like to finish the story completely with her recanting to provide greater context in case you wrote a lot, you are more than welcome to do that. May I ask though, when she recanted, did she give a reason why?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey z
i have a dr appointment so later on i'll call you that's a great idea...many thanks so far....jc
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

No problem.