Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have an emotionally abusive relationship, unsure where to

Customer Question

I have an emotionally abusive relationship, unsure where to go. I get very lonely at times and I only work at a job I feel unappreciated at 3 days a week and I've lost all my friends. It's 10.30 pm and I am unable to rest because I was just on social media and just realised my boyfriend is still in contact with a girl he cheated on me with a year ago, and other girls he used to associate with. I tried to move on once and after a month I went back to him and he tells me I cheated on him.
I have been with him for 2.5 years and I feel very loyal to him and am unsure what to do because at times he shows how sincere he is and makes a big scene when I bring anything up like this. He has depression issues I would feel bad for leaving him. He always works away and comes back home for Christmas in two weeks and I feel so ashamed of myself because for some reason I still want to see him let alone he lies to me all the time. I know I deserve better.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 12 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?