Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

What does "gh endorsement of psychopathy" means? does it

Customer Question

what does "high endorsement of psychopathy" means? does it mean the person has anti social personality disorder?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Psychopathy in itself is considered much worse than Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD). You see if someone meets the criteria for Psychopathy than that person already has ASPD and other personality disorders and severe personality characteristics (e.g. flat affect, parasitic life style, history of criminal versatility, etc...). So yes this person will meet the criteria for ASPD, but in a much more severe way as he/she will meet the criteria for other major behavioral and personality characteristics. So when it is said that a person has a high endorsement of psychopathy, this usually means that he/she will meet the criteria for Psychopathy if the individual was given the appropriate assessments. The Psychopathy Checklist Revised (PCL-R) is the only valid and reliable assessment for diagnosing someone with Psychopathy, so that has to be given to confirm a diagnosis...but like I said when someone has a high endorsement of psychopathy than most likely he/she will meet the criteria for it.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.