Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My husband has always felt he owed me no answer he does or

Customer Question

My husband has always felt he owed me no answer for anything he does or where he goes and when I try and do the right thing and let him know about me, he would always respond,I don' t need to know, I don't care what you do. We have a joint account and without telling me, a young woman with a bad rep needed a check but since did not have an account, deposited 5,000 in our account and then he wrote her a check. When I found out after looking at our check book he ridiculed me because it was innocent and so did she. This is only one incident. He is a minister and feels he loses me no answers. After lying to me for years,he admitted to an affair but his attitude was I should get over it. I believe he is a narcissist but his secretive ways have left me with no trust in him. If he shared the incident with me about the check first, esp since it is a joint account, I would have had no problem. This secrecy is not what I expected a marriage to be like
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I dealing with a narcissist? I feel half the battle is knowing what the enemy is you are facing g? And secondly, is he attempting to drive me insane? Isn' t this secrecy wrong?9
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response. Obviously I will not be able to diagnose your husband without a face to face evaluation, but it may be possible to give you an indication if Narcissistic personality Disorder (NPD) is possible from what you described, but I do need to ask a few questions to get a better idea of your husband outside of this one incident. Can you tell me for how long has this behavior been present...ever since you have known him or would you say it is more of a recent issue in the past few years? Have you noticed his behavior getting worse as the years go on? Do you feel he lacks empathy to others? Does he like to control and manipulate others? Does he appear grandiose? And lastly does he fail to take responsibility for his actions, often blaming others?