Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am bipolar with multiple sclerosis and neurogenic bladder

Customer Question

I am bipolar with multiple sclerosis and neurogenic bladder and have been taking Seroquel 200mg at night, Celexa 40mg in am and Elavil 75 mg at night for bipolar disorder and am not able to remember tv shows I watched a week ago, am extremely manic right now with significant feelings of depression coming in waves.need help reconciling medications because I am also gaining weight. 65" and 365# ***** of this morning. Other meds for MS and anxiety as I work from home and do not like being out unless with spouse who trVels >150 nights per year.need help and or suggestions on different medications please.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I would recommend looking into using either Lamictal, Ziprasidone (Geodon), or Lurasidone (Latuda)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those were also tried as recently as the past 12 months now that I hAve radical records opened.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Okay thank you, ***** ***** not mention those medications in your regimen. Unfortunately any other medications that can be tried can cause weight gain as you have tried all the weight neutral medications for controlling Manic episodes. Can you tell me exactly what medications you have tried and their doses? Also are you willing to increase the Seroquel even though it may cause weight gain?