Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have a new girlfriend and the sex is great, but I am not

Customer Question

I have a new girlfriend and the sex is great, but I am not able to finish. This has never been a problem in the past but now I can go for hours and not ever come to completion. Is this mental?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, can you masturbate and orgasm? Also how old are you currently? And how long has this been an issue for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I masturbate I orgasm quickly. I am 43. This started after separation from my wife.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response. Because you are not suffering from an erectile issues and you can orgasm normally while masturbating suggests this is a mental health issue, possibly performance anxiety. Due to the fact that this occurred after your separation suggests that there may be some underlying mental health issues regarding your separation that you have not processed through yet. You can try to undergo Sex Therapy to help resolve this issue, but the good news is that this is completely curable and most likely will be temporary too.