Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I think I am going insane. I have this demon inside of me,

Customer Question

I think I am going insane. I have this demon inside of me, begging me to lie and tell people I love things that aren't true. I hurt people emotionally, because some part of me thinks that what I am doing is right. I am not doing anything right. I realized this not to long ago, and I want my life to go back to the way it was. Where I trusted myself to make the right decision. Where I trust myself to be around the people I care about. I need help, I want out of this. I don't know how or who to go to. If I tell anyone this, they'll run away in fear. I am a horrible person and I know it. And I hate it. But something in me, is telling me to keep lying because it likes this. It's like entertainment for this thing. I can't keep doing this. Should I leave and start over? What do I do? How do I overcome this without hurting more people emotionally? (I have never hurt someone physically, but that might change.) I need help now before I make this bad situation worse.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, have you thought about undergoing therapy to help treat this issue and overcome this behavior? Do you feel an irresistible urge to hurt other emotionally and lie?