Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Dosr the Mere-exposure effect cover nudity as well? Like

Customer Question

Dosr the Mere-exposure effect cover nudity as well ? Like dose increased exposure to nudity make someone more comfortable with it ? See me and my wife live with my mother in law and both of them can be naked around each other witch is fine they are mother and daughter. But me and my wife are nudust and despite the very meny times she has seen me sleeping nude witch she never brings up unless in a little joke here and there will her keep seeing me naked make her more comfortable being around me and seeing me naked based on the effects theory ?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. The Mere-Exposure Effect is not the only issue here as there is also a cultural issue in which she must accept your nudist culture as well. If she is okay with your cultural right to be nude than the Mere Exposure Effect will play a part here and she will start to normalize you being nude and be okay with it. She will start to be more comfortable and accepting of your nudity, but it may take some time as it depends on her level of acceptance/resistance and how much she is exposed to you as well.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.