Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

How do I stop being lazy?

Customer Question

How do I stop being lazy?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. How long have you been "lazy?" Have you tried to undergo therapy to help address this issue? Have you tried any medications/natural supplements? Do you think this laziness is attached to a mood disorder such as depression?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I've always been lazy. And I'd rather not too involved with the evils of the Feminazi Industrial Psychological Complex.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Well as you know this website does not provide any treatments only information. There may be a core cause of your laziness, but since you are not willing to go to therapy to address it than that core cause will not be explored. You can consider adding ginseng to your diet as that may provide you with energy and motivation. Also you should consider getting a medical evaluation to check your thyroid levels and other mineral/vitamin levels checked to see if these are the cause of your laziness.

In addition, you should try to make a list of objectives and tasks you need to do on a daily basis and write down how much time you would need to complete each task. Then go through the list one by one as that can help to set you on a routine. You should also consider having an accountability partner to help keep you on task. Lastly removing all distractions and other issues that can lead to laziness would be helpful as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the Internet I've tried most of that already.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Then this is why you should consider therapy as your laziness may have a more hidden and core cause that has not been addressed yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya but I'm trying to avoid the Feminazi Industrial Pyschological Complex and their Soma.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Yeah I am not sure what that means, but that is your choice. The fact of the matter is that laziness can have literally thousands of causes and until you figure out what that cause is for you than there is not much you can do to help correct the situation. You can consider entering into a men's group therapy or support group, but other than that there is not much else you can do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well that was a waste of time and money. Good thing I didn't go to real therapist they it would have more of the same, except more expensive.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I wish you all the best and I hope you will reconsider true therapy to help treat this issue over the course of a few months. Good luck