Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I 't know if I have ED or not but I 't have an issue getting

Customer Question

hello, I don't know if I have ED or not but I don't have an issue getting excited or having orgasms but it seems that my wife need more stimulation. I do masturbate often also when she doesn't want to have sex. Today I was not able to keep an erection after 20 minutes even though I didn't have an orgasm. First time this happened. What could be the causes?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If this is only a one time incident of you not able to keep an erection than this is not a case of ED as that is more of a systematic problem that lasts for at least a couple months. You may be physically exhausted if your masturbate too often, so try to withhold masturbation for a couple days and see if that helps you in terms of achieving an orgasm wit your wife. Another possibility is that this may be anxiety related because you have this focus of pleasing your wife even though you said she "need more stimulation," and that can cause performance anxiety if you are worried/concerned about that. Try to focus on foreplay and ultimately enjoying the moment with your wife.