Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

IMy retired husband has become very involved l in the way I

Customer Question

iMy retired husband has become very involved l in the way I run the house etc. Does not have any male friendships. have any male friends friends to socialize with and depends on me for socializing.depends on me I find myself suffocating in this kind of relatioship. for me plans etc. I find myself getting depressed. He also suffers from OBCD
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am sorry that you are having these issues with your husband, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there help for a person with OCD like medication or counseling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any suggestions how I can handle this situation. Or is there a therapist my husband and I could see to help us with this problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas on how I can deal with this? Or help my husband?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response. If your husband is suffering from OCD than the treatment with a SSRI antidepressant and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy/Exposure and Response Prevention is the primary protocol to help your husband. Typically treatment will take a few months to be effective but this behavior can be managed successfully. He should talk to his doctor about the SSRI antidepressant snd a referral to a psychologist for the therapy