Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My husband has conversations in s head. s arms and face jerk

Customer Question

My husband has conversations in his head. His arms and face jerk and twitch when this is occurring. He is now quite frequently unable to differentiate which conversation was real and which were in his head. What can I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using justanswer. I am sorry that your husband is struggling with these symptoms. Its difficult to tell what exactly is going on as you are pointing out psychiatric and neurological symptoms, so the best thing right now for you to do for your husband is to take him to see a psychiatrist for a full evaluation to help determine the cause of these symptoms and to see how it can be corrected. This is a very serious issue and he needs to be assessed by a professional face to face.