Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Yesterday my ex came to pick up my daughter (5) following my

Customer Question

Yesterday my ex came to pick up my daughter (5) following my time with her from 4-8pm. My ex has been very difficult to deal with on a daily level and even so she would interfere with giving me my daughters homework. So now I have asked the teacher to
provide me with her homework. Last night I worked with my daughter on her homework and then I gave her mother her homework when she was doing pick up. She put her homework on top of the car while putting my daughter in the car and then left it. I then grabbed
it and opened the car to give it to her. She then crumpled it up in front of my daughter and myself, my daughter screamed and then when I asked why she did that she said she didn't and called me a liar. My daughter said my daddy isn't a liar. I was so upset
by this and how it effects my daughter. Can anything be done?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrPsychologist replied 1 year ago.

Get a very good family law attorney and limit your interaction with your ex to a minimum....in fact, I would recommend that you meet in the same public place for exchanges. Otherwise she can make whatever allegations she wants against you and its her word vs. yours as your daughter is too young to provide info to the court.