How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1377
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Kate. My husband and I recently relocated from the

Customer Question

Hi Kate. My husband and I recently relocated from the Minneapolis area to a VERY small town. I have a number of medical issues (most of which are managed by my primary Dr and Hemotologist), but I am having a very difficult time locating a Dr. without a 3 month wait, and accepts my insurance and new patients for management of sever anxiety disorder and ADHD. I am on Colonazapam and have plenty of that left over, but the Vyvance I take was always given the day it was due to run out. Due to not being able to find a provider, I am unsure what to do. Any suggestions or referrals to find a provider quickly?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the request. However, I am not as familiar with insurance issues as mental health issues. I will opt out so someone else can help you.

Take care,


Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello, I am very sorry that you are having this difficult time finding a doctor that will provide you with a more sustained prescription of Vyvanse and Clonazepam. Because Vyvanse and Clonazepam are Controlled Substances, typically psychiatrists are the only ones willing to provide a prescription for it so obviously seeing a primary care doctor may not be an option. One possibility though would be to see if your primary doctor can do a skype or phone referral with a psychiatrist to see if you qualify for a Vyvanse and Clonazepam prescription than your primary doctor may be more comfortable in providing such a prescription...this is something that is seen often in small towns as psychiatrists are not usually present there. Another possibility you can try is to consider going to a University Hospital that has a Psychiatric Wing or Center as these professionals usually see patients more quickly and hopefully will be able to provide you with a more sustained prescription of your Vyvanse and future Clonazepam. Other than this, there are not many other options you have as these two prescription are very tightly controlled given their addictive qualities.

Related Mental Health Questions