Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have a very hard time getting to know the crew at work. I

Customer Question

I have a very hard time getting to know the crew at work. I am a hoe operator on the rigs. I have been quiet all my life since I can remember. I found out at 5 or 6 that I was gay. I just told my parents in 2009. I am 38 now. I was in the navy from 2009 to 2013 and it was a struggle just to talk to people the whole time I was there. The doctor there didn't want to put me on anymore meds. They didn't seem to be working. It was about 6 or 7 different kinds of antidepressants. I am having an extremely hard time with life and I would like to talk to someone and hopefully change.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, in addition to the antidepressants that have you tried have you ever entered into psychotherapy before?