Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I started having depression which turned to anxiety and

Customer Question

I started having depression which turned to anxiety and panic attacks. I know have agoraphobia so badly I quit smoking so I didn't have to go outside. I know this is aweful and I have never had an addiction problem with anything but because of my inability to leave the house to see a doctor a friend of mine gives me her klonipin and xanex, instantly I was able to be a part of my children's life's again. I understand tolerance doesn't equal dependence but I have never gotten a "hi" from these drugs but want off of them I can take 6 to 8 mg of klonpin with no results any more and 6-9 xanex with no relief. I am an educated woman ( a BSN) and was just desperate to be a part of my kids life. The high dosages have only been going on for 1 to 2 months and not comsecutively. 2-3 times a week . Treatment is not an option for me I have no help with my children .
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that you are experiencing these significant symptoms of anxiety and panic, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?