Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

7 year old. 140 IQ second grade. diagnosed with DMDD. Not in

Customer Question

7 year old. 140 IQ second grade.
diagnosed with DMDD.
Not in spectrum autism.
Prescribed with Risperdol .75 mg per day.2 months ago. Given initially 5 months ago.
Premature puberty evident. Weight gain . Other side effects as lower eye lid slight twitch.Constipation, thirst,
Tantrums reduced first month.
Prolactin high and TSH levels .76
without risperdol 5 months ago previously taking Kelp, Multiple vitamins and Cod liver oil with TSH normal range.
Starting tantrums and strong reactions.
so, First Do no harm!!
Now Dr proposing to increase Risperdol dose if Prolactin and TSH read normal.
If not change to either Abilify, Zoloft, Prozac, or other.
Is this the beginning of chemical lobotomy? another experiment?
Is time for a psychologist to step in?
She is on EMDR sessions once a week. Does it work while on risperdal?
Why the US is the leader with children on Psychotropics for mood control?
Your comments?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical writer, researcher. As a part of my medical research I have collected huge information on alternative holistic therapies about various psychiatric and child diseases, and DMDD is one among them.

I can share my collected information about this condition with you if you are interested, you can just take my additional service option. I really feel sorry for the young one.

Thank you.

By the above answer I meant to say, most of the Psychiatric medicines are tried in terms of benefit risk ratio, and the effect of each drug varies on individual, and so the doses are titrated according to the age and susceptibility of the person. I strongly suggest, to try all methods of harmless treatment modalities before you go for dose increase or change of drugs.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dr Chaithanya