Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I hope you can help. My dream: I was in a very dark (unsafe)

Customer Question

I hope you can help.
My dream:
I was in a very dark (unsafe) commercial building. I was on the phone to a little girl who was screaming out for help; she was somehow reaching out to me verbally for help. I knew there was a horrible figure lurking behind the walls and I decided to try and use my voice (normally I do not speak up, as I am too afraid to). This time I did speak up as this little girl needed protection. I shouted out "you are not scaring anyone". Anyway, I was now being chased by 'Freddie krueger' (Nightmare on Elm Street). And I was scared, as he was after me with his knife hands and laughing saying "Your not going to get away from me"!
In my dream I was running towards my husband hoping that he would help or protect me.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for your question. May I ask, were you looking for a dream interpretation because we do have a different category for that where this question can be moved to or did you want to discuss your childhood traumas and your psychological treatment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,I am probably looking for something more private and confidential.
Please disregard my question for now.Thanks again.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

No problem, I can do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Good luck and if you have anything else you wan to discuss please feel free to do so.