Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have bad anxiety I use to take Xanax it helped but now I

Customer Question

I have bad anxiety I use to take Xanax it helped but now I don't have insurance what can I do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am very sorry that you are struggling with your anxiety. While Xanax is a strong Controlled Substance, it can only be provided through a prescription with a psychiatrist face to face. Have you considered applying for medication assistance programs that may be able to provide you with free or low cost prescriptions, if they are prescribed to you by a psychiatrist? Or have you considered trying natural supplements to try to help with your anxiety, even though they are not as strong as the Xanax?