Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have been dx'd with PTSD and am seeing a counselor but I

Customer Question

I have been dx'd with PTSD and am seeing a counselor for help but I am on a very long waiting list to see the prescribing psychiatrist. I am having terrible night terrors every night waking up drenched in sweat from head to toe and panic attacks daily. I can go into detail about my PTSD if necessary. I am overwhelmed with school (full time) and a part time management position that is a full time position. I am 32 years old and have had PTSD since I was 19 and was raped with a knife held to my neck. I had to go through a trial and the person who did this to me was convicted of 4 counts of aggravated rape and was sentenced to 25 years in prison. The trial took 3 days and the defense attorney's tried to destroy me on the stand. There was DNA evidence from him and my DNA was on the knife but never the less, it has haunted me ever since. with all the other stress going on in my life right now, I am unable to cope with the stress. I have been prescribed anti-anxiety meds in the past that was tremendously helpful. I don't know where else to turn to for the medication that I need until I am able to see the prescriber at the clinic I am currently going to.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that you are struggling with these symptoms, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. This website is not a prescription service and is only a Q&A service, so if you were looking for prescription medications from this website, you may have been mistaken at what this website provides. If you are struggling at the moment with your severe symptoms, you can try to go to the Emergency Room and get a temporary prescription of a benzodiazepine as they may prescribe it for you considering the circumstances.