Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Help I have had suicidal through now and tryed to hang

Customer Question

Help I have had suicidal through for months now and tryed to hang myself 3 weeks a go . I am under a recovery team however I am so scared to tell them I am now hearing a voice from the back of my head telling me to kill my self and they are going to kill me feels like someone is inside my head . I have children I think if I tell they will take my children and what is wrong with me help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am very sorry that you are having these issues. It definitely sounds like you are suffering from a severe depressive disorder with significant suicidal ideations. If you know that the voice is originating inside your head and is not an exterior voice (e.g. think someone standing next to you and talking to you) than it would not appear you are suffering from auditory hallucinations, but most likely these suicidal thoughts are a result of a severe depression and you need to go to the nearest Emergency Room as soon as possible. But if these are voices you hear from outside your head as an exterior voice than this is a sign of an auditory hallucination telling you to hurt yourself. Either way you need to go to the Emergency Room as soon as possible to get treatment for this. I know you are afraid of having your children taken away from you, but your children would be devastated if you went through with these suicidal thoughts and succeeded. Right now you have to focus on your own mental health and increase the intensity of your treatment so that you can get better and be there for your children for the future.