Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My daughter is now a target of a cluster girl whom daughters

Customer Question

my daughter is now a target of a cluster b girl whom daughters boyfriend in May. Since then the girl plastered everything of facebook and instgram (clearly her taking the selfie with him along for the ride.) Now he's posting messages and it doesnt seem like this words. I know initially she stole his phone and did some cruel things like trying to smear my daughters name to his original x...backed fired my daughter blocked her and since then this girl has tried everything to provoke my daughter...go on a camping trip to our home town 6 hours away, lied to his family about god knows what but no there hate use, In the meantime this girl has made up fake instagram accounts trying to say its my daughter targeting her friends....went to the principle several times and one of the security guards saw what was happened and pulled my daughter aside asking if she was being harassed. At this point is there any way I can talk to my daughters ex to tell her my daughter is being proked...of course talking at first about their good time together (this lady use to really like my daughter before all this.) Should I instant message on facebook asking to go have a cup of coffee? Lost but feel compliled to tell her. Don't know what to do...plus my daughter is still getting the smear campaign.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for your question. I would not recommend you contact this other woman at all as that will only make the situation more volatile. I know you want to help your daughter, but at this point just try to support her as much as possible and tell your daughter the more she ignores this other woman eventually she will give up as she realizes her acts are not having any benefits. Also continue to have your daughter be in contact with her friends, so that they know these are just fabrications by this other woman. If your daughter is in school than talking to the principal may help as there are rules against online harassment, even specific laws in certain states. Overall she wants to limit her communication with this other woman as much as possible because if she reacts to what this other woman is doing it will only entice her more because she will believe what she is doing is working. Ignoring and showing that her poor behavior and "smear" campaign is not having an effect is best in this situation.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.