Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Where can i find psychiatry care daughter who lives in

Customer Question

Where can i find psychiatry care for my daughter who lives in Denver. She is bi polar currently off meds needs help. she had medicare but willing to pay for out patient care.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am sorry that your daughter is having these issues with her symptoms and needs medications as soon as possible. I understand that she has tried to call psychiatrists, but no one is available, unfortunately there is a long wait list for most psychiatrists as they are not equipped for emergency treatment and it sounds like your daughter needs help now. Because of this I would recommend that she go immediately to the E.R. where she will be given the proper medications and an outpatient referral to a psychiatrist for continued and long-term treatment.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.