Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have had such bad insomnia since my dad passed. I was on

Customer Question

I have had such bad insomnia since my dad passed. I was on ambien but my mom wanted me off but that was the only thing that worked. I am completely miserable. And every doctor says the same thing. Fill me up with 40 mg of Prozac which isn't helping my
night terrors. Please help me. I just want to sleep
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for your question. You can ask your doctor about being prescribed Trazodone, Doxepin, Gabapentin, or Seroquel as these have strong sedative effects to help you sleep and are non-addictive like Ambien. If you want a stronger medication, but ones that are physically addicting, than you can ask about Lunesta or Temazepam.