Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Can intrusive thoughts kill you

Customer Question

Can intrusive thoughts kill you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for your question. No an intrusive thought cannot kill you at all. It will cause you a great deal of stress, but the thought itself will not harm you physically.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im on Cloropromezine 2.5mgs it has effected my speech it has caused less speaking does cloropromazine have that effect.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately Chlorpromazine can cause issues with speech such as restricted speech and slurred speech.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pulse is 110
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that a normal pulse rate
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

That is a high pulse rate and most likely due to anxiety/stress. You should ask your doctor about getting a beta blocker or a benzodiazepine to reduce your anxiety/stress, which should help to reduce your heart rate too.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pulse rate is 103 systamatic 149 da 124
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

If this is not a heart related issue than it is being caused by anxiety/stress, which intrusive thoughts can exacerbate. Please see your psychiatrist about this and he/she will prescribe a medication to lessen your anxiety and therefore lessen your heart rate and blood pressure.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I noticed that you viewed my answer and I was checking in to see if you have any further questions or concerns that you would like me to address on this issue?